Learn about the fascinating world of dragonflies!
Join us for a dragonfly safari, catch a dragonfly nymph from the marsh and learn all about the many species we have in Manitoba.
- Dragonfly Safaris at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. – Join dragonfly enthusiast, Barry Konzelman, to catch, identify, and release some of the many species of dragonflies and damselflies found at the Marsh.
- Nymph Search – Using a net and bucket, try to catch some of the dragonfly nymphs and other critters that live under the water.
- Dragonfly Presentation at 1 p.m. – Join dragonfly enthusiast, Barry Konzelman, for a presentation about some of the many species of dragonflies and damselflies found at the Marsh.
- Dragonfly Art Contest from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Join Maggie Katzeley and put your artistic skills to good use and enter our Dragonfly Art Contest. Create dragonflies using an assortment of recycled and other materials. Prizes will be awarded at 3 p.m.
- Giant Dragonfly Board Game – Learn all about the life cycle of dragonflies on this giant-sized board game where you are the playing pieces!
- Project Dragonfly is a Ducks Unlimited Canada community science initiative: learn how you can be a community scientist, and have fun sharing your dragonfly observations to help grow the data on these important wetland species!
Please pre-book your safari time:
FEES: MEMBERS $5, NON-MEMBERS $15 (INCLUDES ADMISSION TO THE DISCOVERY CENTRE)
Click Here to Register